Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Got So Much Things to Say Right Now...

I got so much things to say. So, lets start with food.
Two nights ago The Dinner Club (Bri, Natalie, Miguel, and I) ate at a Mediterranean place. It was SO good. Overall, the native Guatemalan food that I have experienced is good, but very bland. The Mediterranean was a different story. We ordered a dinner platter with steak, pork, beef wrapped in grape leaves (all of which I could not eat), chicken, goat cheese, and hummus. It was some of the best tastes I have ever experienced in my life…or so I thought until we went to an Indian restaurant tonight. Holy moley it was scrumptious. I can only hope I will continue to have such amazing food.
We visited the language school, Proyecto Lingüístico Quetzalteco (PLQ), that we will attend for three weeks starting Monday. It is really pretty and will be a great experience, but I will write about it more once I start. Today I go to live with my host family, which is exiting and absolutely terrifying at the same time. I don't know much about them either…so we'll come back to this in a few days.

On Friday the group went out for the first time. It was great. We saw a live band with a good looking bass player. Then, last night, after the Dinner Club plus two dressed up for dinner we went to the opening of a new restaurant called Cafe R.E.D. It is a fair trade establishment that is very cool. There was a live band there as well that sang a song with the chorus "I got so much things to say right now. I got so much things to say"… that doesn't leave your head for days. At R.E.D we had some good conversation, danced, and soaked up the amazing atmosphere.
Also yesterday, we played soccer. It was 5 against 6 and I was on the smaller team. Guess who won a round of drinks (and by that I mean Gatorade or something….)? That's right, my team. And I even made a goal. Playing soccer at 7,700 feet is extremely challenging, but we all made it out alive.
I know this post is kind of boring, but I wanted to update everyone on what's going on here. I promise something more substantial in the next few days. 

1 comment: