Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And the winner is...

You may have read about my unfortunate experience at the Xela APROFAM Clinic today. If you haven't then let me tell you that I had to do #2 in a tiny little cup (there is no way to cleanly get everything in there). The entire time I was struggling with this, some impatient woman was banging on the door. This made me nervous and made the whole situation even harder. Luckily, however, my teacher, Doris (who came with me to the clinic), had suggested I bring toilet paper along…they didn't have that or soap in the bathroom at APROFAM. I walked back to school with my hands in front of me like a barbie.

I have found that the majority of my pain comes right after I eat…and by right after I mean for a few hours after. So, when I went home for lunch I walked into the kitchen to find Margarita making stuffed and fried peppers. It looked SO good, but I knew if I ate it I would be hurtin' real bad afterward. I asked her if I could just have rice and a tortilla…she wouldn't hear of it. I argued with her for a good two or three minutes explaining and re-explaining that my stomach didn't feel well and that I should only eat very basic and bland foods. Finally she gave in and I ate a very unsatisfying lunch.

After lunch I went back to APROFAM to get my results and I have….drum roll please…..




AMOEBAS!!!!

The particular type is Entamoeba Histolytica....which is apparently transferred through loose fecal matter...I love thinking about how I got these little friends in my tum tum!!

I have to take medication every 8 hours for 5 days, drink a lot of liquids, and drink a lot of the nasty rehydration solution…fun times! At least I know what is wrong and there is a possible end in sight.

1 comment:

  1. Hey niece,
    I have been reading about ALL your adventures! I hope the disgusting creatures are as tired of your gut as you are of them! You still sound like you are enjoying yourself to some extent. Hang in there and keep up your "natural" spirit, those ameobases will be dieing to "get out"! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete